Rakvere War of Independence Statue
L. Koidula 12, Rakvere
Photo: Ain Liiva
The Rakvere War of Independence statue was unveiled on August 30, 1925. The six-stage concrete foundation of the pillar was made by master Reinhold Veigel under the direction of Ferdinand Gustav Adoff, a civil engineer.
The bronze statues were cast in Italy according to models made by Amandus Adamson. The total height of the monument was over 8.50 m. The height of the bronze statues was about 2 m.
In the autumn of 1940, the monument was destroyed. The current statue (a copy of the previous one) was unveiled on August 30, 1992. The authors of the statue are sculptor Lembit Palm and architect Kuno Raude.
The monument was restored in 2004.