Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity in Rakvere
Pikk 19, Rakvere
Photo: Rakvere City Covernment
Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity in Rakvere is the Estonian Evangelical Lutheran Church and is located on the historic Pikk Street.
This late medieval church with a peculiar high slender tower helmet was built in the 15th century and rebuilt in the 17th century.
The church has masterpieces of Baroque wood carving - a pulpit (Elert Thiele, Christian Ackermann, 1690) and an altar wall (Johann Valentin Rabe,1730).
Every day at 12.00, the bell ringing "Kyrie" specially composed for the Lutheran Church of the Holy Trinity in Rakvere by the honorary citizen of the city of Rakvere- Arvo Pärt -is heard from the church tower.